Lane End House B and B Hazel Grove is located close to the city centre of Stockport, Cheshire. Our B and B location presents a number of fantastic opportunities to explore the area. Not only are we close to numerous local attractions, but also various amenities and excellent travel links for Stockport and Cheshire.
The Stockport area sees many local attractions and anyone will be able to find what they like. Below is only a small selection of what is on offer in the area.
1. Golf. Golfing is very popular in the Cheshire area and you will not have any trouble finding the perfect golf course for you. In fact, we are situated at the end of Hazel Grove Golf Course.
2. Lyme Park. Perhaps best known for the famous lake scene in the 1995 BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, Lyme Park is the largest estate in Cheshire. This imposing estate is only a 10 min drive away from our B&B.
3. Peak District National Park. Named the first national park in the UK in 1951, it offers fantastic walking opportunities and other great outdoor activities.
4. Local circular walks. Those who love walking and want to tackle a different route each day, you will not be disappointed. There are various circular walks in the area. Some are even themed.
5. Cycling trails. For the cycle enthusiasts, there are several routes of varying lengths that can be tackled. Bring your own bicycle or rent one from the local cycle bike hire shops.
6. Miniature railway. Adult and kid train lovers alike will enjoy the Stockport miniature railway.
7. Trafford Centre. For some retail therapy, there is the Trafford Centre at only a 30 min drive by car or bus.
There a variety of local businesses only a stone’s throw away from our guest house. A 5-minute walk will get you into Hazel Grove village filled with restaurants, pubs and local food vendors.
If you prefer a sporty holiday, you can visit several swimming baths and local gyms. Or go for a walk in one of the many parks. For those who want to immerse themselves in a good book on their holiday, there is Hazel Grove library.
Remember, we are located at the end of the lane to Hazel Grove golf course.
We have the best of both worlds: both country side and motorway links. However, you will have no trouble getting around easily without a car as all major bus routes are within a 5-minute walk:
- Manchester City
- Manchester Airport
If you prefer to take the train, you can go to Hazel Grove train station where a service to Stockport city centre leaves every 12 mins. There is one to Manchester City that appears every 23 mins.
Do you need to go abroad for business? Staying in Lane End House Bed & Breakfast allows you a 20-minute commute to Manchester Airport by car. You will not have to worry about missing that flight. Remember we can take or collect you.